The Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC) has established City Livelihoods Centre (CLC) at the GMC office premise, Lakhtokia under Deen Dayal Antodoya- National Urban Livelihoods Mission. City Livelihoods Centre (CLC) will provide a platform to the urban poor whereby women Self Help Group members can offer their goods and services in an organized manner to the potential buyers and various public utility services can be extended by skilled human resource.The CLC will act as a “one-stop shop’ for those seeking services from the informal sector as well as for the urban poor promoting their services and product. The CLC will be positioned as resource centre for those seeking information related to employment and skills training opportunities etc.
1. The Self Help Groups formed by urban poor women can offer their goods in an organized manner to the potential buyers.
2. The urban poor & the SHGs can access information and business support services as when needed.
3. The middle and higher income groups can access various services from urban poor which in turn will generate or augment livelihoods for the urban poor.
4. The beneficiaries who are trained in various sectors viz. beautician, nursing, electrician, computer etc. under Employment through skill training component of DAY- NULM will be enrolled under the CLC and will be provided with market for employment. The citizens of Guwahati will be benefitted by directly availing these services through CLC.
5. To develop various livelihood opportunities for urban poor by disseminating information related to employment, services & Govt. schemes.
6. Hand holding support to the Self Help Groups & the urban poor wherever required.
The CLC will run under direct supervision of City Mission Management Unit (CMMU), GMC for two years and after that the operation of CLC will be handed over to Area Level Federations formed by the Self Help Groups under DAY-NULM.